EASTERN AND COMPARATIVE RELIGIONS: ORIENTATION FOR WEEK 8 (March 6 - March 12)
Our focus this week will be on Buddhism.
Your responsibilities for the week are the following:
1) Read Glenn Wallis, ed. and trans., Dhammapada: Verses On The Way (New York: Modern Library, 2007) and come to class on Thursday ready to discuss. See the Dhammapada Study Guide for some questions to consider. Although there is not a separate assignment upon the Dhammapada, you should write about it extensively in your Journal.
2) Watch the Seven Wonders Of The Buddhist World documentary.
3) You should be assigned to an Other Asian Religions Workshop group by March 11.
4) You should get a start on the Comparative Religions Grid so that you can troubleshoot any issues or confusion.
5) It is important that you be available on both Tuesdays and Thursdays from Week 9 (March 16) until the end of the course (April 8)