EASTERN AND COMPARATIVE RELIGIONS: ORIENTATION FOR WEEK 9 (March 13 - March 19)
We will continue with our study of Buddhism and set up next week's Other Asian Religions Group Mini-Project.
Your responsibilities for the week are the following:
1) Attend Tuesday's Buddhism lecture on-line. You should be available for the last few Tuesdays of the semester.
2) Browse in Buddhism In The News. Browse in Tibetan Buddhism In The News, Dalai Lama In The News. Find at least one story that captures your interest and come to class ready to describe that story.
3) Browse in Burma And Buddhism Discussion Topic.
4) Do some preliminary research on your Other Asian Religions Topic before Thursday's class. The last segment of our class that day will be reserved for a small introductory workshop in which your will meet briefly with your fellow group members. You will be responsible for an informal group mini-presentation a week from Thursday, on March 25. The following may be useful in helping you to organize the study of your topic: Other Religions Research Template.
5) There are a number of extra Buddhism Resources on the web-site. You are encouraged to access some of these if you have the time to do so. They include the following: Buddhism: On-Line Text, Buddha In The News, Buddhism Video Links, Buddhism Audio Links, Tibetan Buddhism Video Links, and Tibetan Buddhism Audio Links.